How do I pay for Medicare premiums?

You can pay privately, or you can apply for Medicaid. Medicaid is for lower income individuals, or couples, and has income and resource limits. If you are financially eligible for Medicaid, you could have your Medicare premium paid for by the State of Oregon. To apply to have your Medicare premium paid for, please contact an Information and Assistance Specialists for Marion, Polk and Yamhill counties at (503) 304-3420, or toll-free at 1-866-206-4799. For Clatsop and Tillamook counties you can call (503) 815-2060 or toll-free at 1-800-584-9712.

You can also email us at


Comments are closed.