How do I find a caregiver?

You can check with people you know first, such as family, friends or neighbors, to see if any of them would like to work for you, or whether they can recommend someone to you that they personally know.  If that is not an option, you can look in the Yellow Pages of the phone book under “Home Health Services”, for agencies that have employees that will provide care in your home.  You can also hire privately from the Oregon Home Care Commission’s Registry and Referral System which is located at, or by calling them toll-free at 1-877-867-0077, option 1. You can contact the Information and Assistance Specialists for Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties at (503) 304-3420, or toll-free at 1-866-206-4799. For Clatsop and Tillamook counties, call (503) 815-2060, or toll-free at 1-800-584-9712, and they can print a general Home Care Worker list to mail to you.

You can also email us at

Comments are closed.